Samsung REX Series smartphones were recently announced in press conference held in New Delhi. As said earlier, it is aimed to capture the low priced smartphone market in India. Once it comes to Indian market, the South Korean manufacturer has planned to make these series available in other major markets too.
Samsung REX Series REX60, REX 70, REX80, REX90 Specifications:
- All the four members will come with quad band network.
- Comes with dual SIM with hot swap option.
- Supports all popular audio formats like MP3, AAC, AAC+ and more.
- Includes proximity sensor.
- Social media ready, one touch access to Facebook, twitter and Google Plus.
- Includes FB messenger chat, yahoo chat, Gtalk.
- Features Samsung Touch Wiz.
- Opera Mini web browser pre-installed for faster web access.
- Samsung is providing 10 full version games by Game Loft for free.
- Connectivity features:
- USB v2.0 port.
- Bluetooth v3.0.
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n.
Samsung REX Series other specs:
Samsung REX 60 specifications:
- 2.8 inches resistive TFT LCD touch screen.
- REX 60 dimensions: 101.8 x 55 x 12.2 mm.
- Main camera of 1.3 megapixels.
- Regional language support for 9 languages.
- In built memory of 30 MB, expandable up to maximum of 32 GB through micro SD card slot.
- 1000 mAh battery of 15 hours talk-time.
Samsung REX 70 specifications:
- 3.0 inches capacitive TFT LCD touch-screen.
- REX 70 dimensions: 104.9 x 57.2 x 11.9 mm.
- Main camera of 2.0 megapixels.
- Includes 13 regional languages.
- Same battery as that of REX 60 with 12 hours talk-time.
- In built memory of 10 MB, further expandable to 32 GB.
Samsung REX 80 specifications:
- 3.0 inches capacitive touch-screen of LCD type.
- REX 80 Dimensions: 102 x 58 x 11.5 mm.
- Boasts 3.2 megapixels of rear camera.
- Has support for 9 regional languages.
- Battery is of same capacity like that of REX 70 with 14.5 hours of talk-time.
- Comes with in-built memory of 20 MB and expandable to 16 GB through micro SD card slot.
Samsung REX 90 specifications:
- 3.5 inches LCD type capacitive touch-screen.
- REX 90 dimensions: 61.9 x 113 x 11.8mm.
- Like REX 80, it also has main camera of 3.2 megapixels.
- Includes 11 regional languages.
- Battery is also of the same capacity, while it is claimed to provide talk-time of 15 hours.
- Has in built memory of 10 MB, which is further expandable up to 32 GB through micro SD card slot.
Samsung REX Series smartphones price in India:
The REX 60 will cost around 4280 INR, REX 70 for 4570 INR whereas REX 80 for 5270 and REX 90 smartphone for 6490 INR. These smartphones will be available by the end of this month, i.e. February 2013. Along with these attractive prices, Samsung has also partnered with TATA DOCOMO to offer various data packs for customers.