Samsung Ativ Odyssey smartphone announced at CES 2013.
After the showcase of Flexible screen by Samsung at the CES 2013, they have come up with entry level Windows smartphone, Ativ Odyssey. It had been in news for quite a while in the past. Then finally it was launched at the customer electronics show. It is expected that this phone will be having very low price. this phone is also known as Samsung SCH-I930. It has been revealed that Samsung has partnered with android to reduce their dependency on Android smartphones.
Samsung Ativ Odyssey specifications:
- Consists of glossy plastic hood.
- Under the plastic hood, it packs 1.5 GHz dual core Snapdragon S4 processor.
- This phone runs on latest Windows 8 O.S. for smartphones.
- It has dimensions of 122.4 x 63.8 x 10.9mm.
- Weight of the Odyssey smartphone: 125g.
Samsung Ativ Odyssey display:
- It features super AMOLED capacitive touch screen with support for multi-touch.
- Screen size is 4.0 inches.
- Display has 16 million colors.
- The screen has resolution of 480 x 800 pixels (720p) and pixel density of 234.
Connectivity / Sharing options in Ativ Odyssey:
- Has support for 2G data services like EDGE, GPRS.
- 4G, LTE connectivity.
- Bluetooth: Yes, v3.0 with A2DP.
- Micro USB v2.0 port for enabling serial data transfer.
- Wi-Fi: YES, Wi-Fi configuration: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 & 5 GHz)
- Wi-Fi hotspot enabled, Wi-Fi tethering.
- NFC: Yes.
- Includes GPS, for locations services. There is also A-GPS and GLONASS support for GPS.
- Micro SIM card slot for voice services.
- There is 3.5 mm jack for connecting headphones.
Samsung Ativ Odyssey Camera features, quality:
- Main camera of Odyssey is 5 megapixels with LED flash and auto focus.
- Images of resolution 2594 x 1944 pixels can be taken through this camera.
- You can record 1080p HD videos at 30 frames per second.
- Front facing camera is of 1.2 megapixels for making video calls or 3G calls.
- This front facing camera can also record 720p videos.
- Audio formats supported: MP3, OGG, WMA, AAC, ACC+, eAAC+, AMR(NB,WB), MIDI, WAV, AC-3, Flac
- Alert types are Vibration and MP3 ringtones.
- This smartphone comes with in-built memory of 8 GB.
- Memory can be expanded to 32 GB further through micro SD card slot.
- It boasts 1 GB of RAM.
Samsung Ativ Odyssey battery:
This phone features 2100 mAh battery of Lithium ion polymer type. As such there are no details on battery life and talk time of this phone. Since it is not an Android phone, you can expect a better battery life for this phone.
Samsung Ativ Odyssey price in India, U.S, availability:
There is still no official word on pricing of this phone. But as stated earlier, it will be priced low. Sources have revealed that Odyssey will soon be coming to Verizon. To keep updated about this phone, you may subscribe to our RSS feeds. Check out the expert review of this phone here.
Also see flexible screen by Samsung.
If you like this post, do share it.