Celkon A59 is another low budget smartphone by Celkon. It is an Android smartphone which is designed to target the economical customers of India. This cellphone was recently spotted on the official website of Celkon. However, the disappointing part about the phone is it does not have ICS or Android Jellybean.
Specifications of Celkon A59:
Hardware and O.S:
- 1 GHz single core processor.
- Accelerometer and gravity sensor.
- Runs on Android v2.3, i.e. Android Gingerbread.
Celkon A59 display size, type:
- 4 inches capacitive touch screen.
- Resolution of 320 x 480 pixels with pixel density of 145.
- Supports multi-touch.
Celkon A59 connectivity options:
- Dual SIM card slot.
- Supports GSM+GSM mini SIM.
- Both the SIM’s can be active at the same time.
- Has dual band 2G network.
- You may use 2G internet services like GPRS, EDGE.
- Includes Wi-Fi for faster internet access.
- There is no GPS.
- Most importantly, it lacks 3G connectivity.
- 3.5 mm headphone jack for routing music to earphones.
- Bluetooth and 5 pin USB port included for transferring data.
Celkon A59 camera features:
- The main camera is of 2Megapixels.
- Can capture images of resolution 1600 x 1200 pixels.
- Can be used as a camcorder also.
- The secondary camera is of VGA quality.
Celkon A59 memory options:
- Internal memory of 512 MB, of which approximately 160 MB will be user accessible.
- 256 MB of RAM.
- Memory can be expanded further up to 32 GB through micro SD card slot.
Celkon A59 battery:
- 1400 mAh battery of Lithium ion polymer type
- It is enough to last for a day.
Celkon A59 price in India, US:
A59 will be priced at 4500 INR when it is available in market. At a price tag of 4500, it may seem too pricey mainly because of the following reasons:
- It lacks 3G connectivity.
- The processor is single core.
- The design of the smartphone is not so impressive as compared to others.
- It comes with Android 2.3.6 which is outdated.
You may subscribe to our RSS feeds to receive updates about the latest smartphones in your inbox.